Mother's Day at Vizcaya

PicMonkey Photo

Dress: French Connection via Consign of the Times // CardiganTarget // ShoesMelissa Shoes // Bag: Francesca's Collections // Sunglasses& Apparel // BraceletsCandles and Confetti // Earrings: c/o Benevolent Jewels // LipstickRevlon

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday my mom and I went to Vizcaya for their "Orchids for Moms" event. For my out of town readers who may not know, Vizcaya is the magical, grand Venetian estate that belonged to James Deering of International Harvester. This is where he spent the winter months and lavishly entertained guests from all over. The mansion sits on prime Coconut Grove real estate and overlooks Biscayne Bay. It is one of old Miami's greatest wonders-- hell, possibly the most beautiful place in Miami, period. I hadn't been to Vizcaya since I took my 15's pictures back in 2005-- and actually, my mom and I bumped into the photographer in the cafeteria! He remembered us and was such a sweetheart, even took a selfie with us.  Lol


DSC_0420DSC_0403DSC_0408

DSC_0412
DSC_0405
DSC_0413
DSC_0409
DSC_0427
DSC_0428
DSC_0441


Dress: French Connection via Consign of the Times // Cardigan: Target // Shoes: Melissa Shoes // Bag: Francesca's Collections // Sunglasses& Apparel // Bracelets: Candles and Confetti // Earrings: c/o Benevolent Jewels // Lipstick: Revlon


My mom wore:

Sweater: Ralph Lauren // Pants: LOFT // Bag: Misako // Sandals: Nine West

Our tickets to "Orchids for Mom" included two beautiful orchids to take with us and a lovely class with the estate's orchid expert, who taught us all about how to care for them and not kill them. After the class we took a few pictures around the outside of the estate. Doesn't my mom look super cute?? No me pongas en el blog, she said. Sorry mami. I had to. ðŸ˜Š❤️

We were also able to go inside the home for a self-guided tour, which I had never done before. Unfortunately, no pictures are allowed indoors. But it was oh so magical and breathtaking. I felt like I was in the Biltmore, or its tropical, Venetian cousin that sits right in my own backyard. How I wish I could step into a time machine and peek into the lives of these capitalist tycoons, or those of the nobility living in the grand homes of Europe.  Instead, occasional glimpses into the vestiges of their lives that remain will have to do. 

Spent all morning at "Orchids for Mom" with my mom at @vizcayamiami, and then we toured the estate! Had never done that before. We walked out with two new beautiful orchid plants and learned all about how not to kill them. Lol . . . #vizcaya #orchids
My mom's beautiful orchid plant.

1 comment

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)