Never Have I Ever...

...worn $298 shoes before! 


But did I pay that much for these exquisitely quirky Kate Spade polka dot pumps?
Nope. I rented them from Chic for a Week, a designer shoe rental service created by the lovely Megan of Long Live Classy.

IMG_5245_edited-1
IMG_5285_edited-1IMG_5254_edited-1

The Shoe:
Apart from being super adorable, these heels are very light and the padded leather insoles make for a very comfortable walk. I have wide feet, so I was expecting these rather narrow-looking shoes to constrict them. Didn't happen. The sides are breathable enough that they curve to your feet, not the other way around. But I didn't walk in them for long, so I don't know how comfortable they are in the long run. Also, they feel pointier than I would expect. I found myself bumping into whatever was in front of me quite a lot, because I underestimated how long the point was. Overall, I fell in love with the shoe and didn't want to send them back.

Chic for a Week:
The rental process was easy peasy and I received the shoes faster than I expected, just in time for the weekend. I could never pay $298 for any pair of shoes, no matter how lovely. At least not yet, anyway. But it only costs $40 to rent these babies. Renting is a great alternative for recessionistas like me who refuse to give up the right to enjoy the finer things in life. My only complaint about my experience with Chic for a Week is that 7 days is simply not long enough to enjoy the pleasures that wearing overpriced shoes for a tiny fraction of their "true" cost can bring. Still, I think I'll definitely use this site again. Like for that wedding I have coming up. Hmm...

Outfit:
As soon as I got the shoes I knew I wanted to wear this striped skirt with it. Something about them just screamed, "Print mix please!"

IMG_5240_edited-2

IMG_5239_edited-3

IMG_5309_edited-1

IMG_5313_edited-1

IMG_5264_edited-1


Top: Banana Republic
Bag: Lady Lux Boutique (before change in ownership)
Heels: Kate Spade (rent or buy)

Thanks for your comments! Make sure to leave me your link and I'll check out your blog. :)

14 comments

  1. Thanks for the awesome review, Nathalie! :) More fancy special occasion shoes are actually going to be making their debut on the site soon.... Perfect for that wedding, maybe? ;)

    I'm so glad you enjoyed them!!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for linking my review. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your style!amazing shoes))
    Followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! stripes & polka dots :)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest freaking shoes ever! I want them - you're adorable. Thanks for the tip about the rental service! And thanks for stopping by my blog so I could see yours! :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?? I almost didn't want to return them, haha.

      Delete
  5. I took a little trip to the Boca mall on friday and I saw this babies on sale you might want to check bloomies in Aventura.
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, nice! Thanks so much for letting me know!

      Delete
  6. hi!! love your outfit! :) the skirt is nice! thank you for your lovely appreciations on my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Michelle! Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  7. Just follow this link to get a response paper writing guide.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)